Two Mountains is look for 3 Finance Assurance officers for their Midrand office on a Fixed-Term Contract (6 Months) basis.
Purpose of the Job
To perform branch/site visits with the aim of establishing assurance on revenue recognition,
matching of expenses to revenue in line with the GAAP matching principles, inventory management
and overall probity in the use of company resources.
- Evaluate invoices raised against source documents such as scheme lists and
- Ensure that revenue raised matches what the Burial Services business is entitles to in terms of the products provided.
- Work with Branch Assistant Managers to reconcile differences.
- Escalate unresolved differences to the Burial Services Management team for further action.
- Advise on improvements to the invoicing process.
Matching of Cost of Sales to Revenue:
- Match supplier invoices to services rendered per
- Match supplier invoices to Cost of Sales on accounting system.
- Liaise with
Procurement to ensure that supplier invoices are processed in the same month in which the event/project took place.
- Work with Quality Assurance to investigate anomalies in the Cost of Sales
reported vs Revenue.
- Work with Inventory Controller to reconcile physical stock to theoretical
- Assist the Inventory Controller in carrying out monthly stock counts.
- Assist the Inventory
Controller in optimizing inventory levels.
- Verification of stock on hand vs stock per the ledger
- Verification of physical units per branch vs PowerBI figures.
- Verification of cash collected against reported/banked cash.
- Verification of petty cash reserves vs petty cash requests.
- Work closely with the Burial Services Quality Assurance team to provide comprehensive assurance.
- Advise the Group Finance Manager on gaps in Burial Services operations and means to address
- Work with Burial Services operational managers to enhance the quality of branch financial reporting.
- BCom Accounting/Financial Management/ Management
2 years relevant experience in Finance, Internal audit experience
advantageous. Solid knowledge of data analysis, accounting principles, and revenue recognition
principles. Experience in a multi-site environment.
- Analytical skills
- Good people skills
- Ability to work with big data
- Leadership skills
- Driver’s license
- Communication skills.
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Innovative and independent thinking, with the ability to challenge the
- Team player
- Relationship Management skills.
- Ability to deal with complexity and
- Resilient, determined, and resourceful.
Two Mountains is an equal opportunity employer subscribing to the Employment Equity Act and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified people to fill the mentioned vacancy.
- If you do not hear from us within a month of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- It is the applicant`s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Only candidates who meet the requirements should apply.
- Two Mountains reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only.
- CVs from Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted.