Purpose of the Job
Moving of mortal remains to the mortuary. Preside over the funeral or memorial service. Leads the procession of the burial or cremation.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Pick-ups of mortal remains
- Keep cars tidy and clean
- Do daily banking and posting, payments of accounts etc
- Collect deceased documentation from doctors.
- Delivering of coffins to family homes, on standby for removals, verify that the correct body is delivered to the family, assisting viewing of the body by family before it leaves for home
- Assist with grave dressing, put up gazebo’s mats and machines at the gravesites etc
- Lease with Manpower and Caterer at the cemetery to check readiness before proceeding to the cemetery in accordance to the Burial Standard Operating procedures
- Submit burial order signed by the family to the Branch Manager on return from the funeral
- Fill in logbook for every trip and report all the vehicles faults.
- Grade 12/Matric
- Valid Driver’s license
- Professional Driving Permit (PrDP)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a funeral and burial
- Driving skills
- Funeral handling skills
- Customer care
- Customer Orientation
- Team Player
- Take initiative and execute
- Problem Solving
Two Mountains is an equal opportunity employer subscribing to the Employment Equity Act and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified people to fill the mentioned vacancy.
- If you do not hear from us within a month of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- It is the applicant`s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Only candidates who meet the requirements should apply.
- Two Mountains reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only.
- CVs from Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted.