Two Mountains is look for a ICT Technician for their Midrand office on a permanent basis.
Purpose of the Job
- To provide desktop end-user support within the Two Mountains Group, both onsite and remotely.
- Install and configure computer-related hardware, Local Area Network (LAN) infrastructure,
- Operating Systems and Application Software.
IT Service Management:
- Provide first-line technical support.
- Ensure calls are
attended to timeously as per agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA)/Operational Level Agreements
- Timeously escalate calls to higher-level support.
- Partake in the development of knowledge
base to document problem for future resolution.
- Stand-in for the IT Service Desk.
IT Operational Effectiveness:
- Respond to the travelling needs timeously to travel to the remote site to perform equipment setup, upgrades and troubleshooting.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot computer hardware.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot printers (Local, Network & Shared) and related hardware.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Operating Systems.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot application software.
- Setup new user profiles.
- Upgrade and migrate user hardware and software.
- Ensure safekeeping of end-user data (confidentially, integrity and availability during end-user and desktop support activities).
- Ensure network cabling is installed neatly and adhere to Occupational Health and Safe measures.
- Maintain compliance with Information Security, Legislation and organizational policies and procedures within the operating environment.
- Identify risks and escalate them to the relevant authority.
- Setup and support Apple-Mac machines.
IT Assets Management:
- Provide accurate records of all new IT equipment.
- Adhere to the Two Mountains naming conversion when joining computer equipment to the domain.
- Ensure the equipment is tagged with Two Mountains asset numbers before it is issued to the end-users.
- Record obsolete IT equipment and provide the details to the IT service desk.
- Ensure end users sign for equipment when issuing equipment and provide the records to the IT service desk.
- Clean data before disposing or retiring old equipment.
- Test new equipment within 7days to identify dead on arrivals (DOA).
Training, Meetings and Conferencing support:
- Setup training facilities and test the necessary connectivity.
- Assist setup and administer audiovisuals and teleconferencing equipment.
- Educate and assist users with basic usage of audio-visual and conferencing equipment.
- Assist in moving end-user computer equipment when required
- ITIL foundations, CompTIA A+/N+, Higher certificate in Systems Support/MCSE/MCITP/MCTS.
- Higher qualification will be an added advantage.
- CompTIA Security+ training will be an added advantage.
- Service Desk Institute: Service Desk & Support Analyst training is an added advantage.
- Windows Azure training is an added advantage.
- Microsoft Office 365 training is an added advantage
- A valid drivers’ license (mandatory).
- Ability to travel at short notice (mandatory).
- Ability to work standby and/or after-hours (mandatory).
- 5 years’ experience in IT Desktop Support inclusive on both on-site and remote support.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT hardware support (Laptops, Desktops, Printers and Network Communication equipment).
- A minimum of three years of networking firstline support.
- A minimum of one-year Office 365 experience.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Windows 11 Operating system.
- A minimum of one-year Apple equipment support.
- Experience with creating network cables.
- Excellent technical knowledge of end-user hardware (Laptops, Desktop Computers, IP Phones, Printers, Projects, etc.).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good working knowledge of Windows 11.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP and DHCP).
- Good working knowledge of network cabling.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory (users & computers).
- Basic knowledge of Office 365.
- Ability to think logically
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to prioritize your workload.
- Attention to detail.
Two Mountains is an equal opportunity employer subscribing to the Employment Equity Act and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified people to fill the mentioned vacancy.
- If you do not hear from us within a month of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- It is the applicant`s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Only candidates who meet the requirements should apply.
- Two Mountains reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only.
- CVs from Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted.